Class Teacher - Boldmere Inclusion Base (BIB)
The Federation of Boldmere Schools are an inclusive 3-form entry setting, situated in the Sutton Coldfield area of Birmingham. We offer places for children between the ages of 3-11 years, working closely as a Federation to ensure ‘outstanding’ provision for all our children.
We are a fully inclusive school and have an inclusion base for children diagnosed with ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) and with an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan).
Our school is looking to appoint an inspirational and passionate teacher to work in our newly established and expanding Boldmere Inclusion Base (BIB). We feel this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to work at our school in this setting and we are looking for practitioners with:
- The expertise and vision to develop high standards and expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour.
- The highest expectations of teaching and learning regardless of children’s ability.
- Knowledge of teaching pupils diagnosed with ASC and communication difficulties.
- An ability to work collaboratively with support staff and senior leaders in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our children attending the BIB.
- An understanding that at times our pupils will display challenging behaviours, which are a feature of their special educational needs.
- The ability to be resilient, initiate, develop and implement creative skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for the outcomes of the children being taught.
- Experience of teaching children on the ASC spectrum.
- Experience in the effective management and delivery of outcomes and provision required in individual EHCPs.
- An ability to implement effective intervention strategies to positively impact upon the children in your class.
- The ability to work in collaboration with outside agencies who are commissioned to benefit the provision of the children in their setting, such as CAT, EP, SaLT and PSS.
We are passionate about meeting the needs of children with additional and complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment, working as a friendly, supportive and hardworking team.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- An opportunity to work in a truly inclusive, forward thinking school.
- A bright, cheerful and well-resourced school.
- An exciting place to work and develop.
- A caring, creative atmosphere, which achieves high standards.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
- A supportive leadership team.
- A supportive school community.
- A collaborative and effective team of staff in our Inclusion Base setting.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employers and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential for this role.
If you feel you have the necessary skills required and are interested in the joining our successful team, then we would like to hear from you. Informal visits to the school and our Inclusion Base are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the school office to book an appointment.
For further information and to download an application pack, please visit the school website; job vacancies, top right hand corner: www.boldmere.bham.sch.uk
Completed applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for the applications is Monday 28th June 2021 at 12:00 midday. Successfully shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend an interview which will take place on Tuesday 6th July 2021. If successful at interview the applicant will be offered the post on the condition of suitable references being obtained and we would like you to be available to start this new post on the 02/09/2021. We would also like the successful applicant to be available to come in to our Inclusion Base to play an active role in our planned transition arrangements for this final summer term of the academic year.
Salary: MPR/UPR + SEND Allowance £25,714 - £41,604 + SEND Allowance (Approx. £2,270)
Closing Date: 28 June 2021, 12.00pm
Interview Date: 6 July 2021