Teaching Assistant - 2x Boldmere Inclusion Base (BIB) & 1x Junior School
In January 2019, Boldmere Inclusion Base (BIB) opened to support primary age children who have an Education, Health and Care Plan with a primary need of ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition). The BIB is built on the site of the Federation of Boldmere schools, a welcoming and successful three-form entry Nursery, Infant and Junior school. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment with a commitment to the continued professional development of staff.
Successful candidates working in Boldmere Inclusion Base or our mainstream Junior School will need to:
- Have a desire to work with children on the autistic spectrum and those with special educational needs, supporting their communication, social, emotional and sensory needs alongside their cognition and learning, communication and other specific challenges.
- Have a good knowledge of autism and SEND so that effective intervention strategies can be delivered to positively impact upon the progress of our children that you are directly supporting to enhance the quality of teaching and learning they are exposed to.
- Have a willingness to learn more and be passionate about supporting children to achieve their very best at all times.
- Be an enthusiastic, hardworking professional who can motivate and inspire children and use innovative teaching strategies within the classroom.
- Be committed to developing the independence of the pupils academically, socially and emotionally. Ensuring the personal hygiene of pupils (including nappy changing as and when required).
- Be punctual, reliable and positive. Have high expectations of yourself and others and be committed to raising standards in teaching and learning.
- Be an excellent team player and role model and be able to work collaboratively with all school staff. You will be supporting children, both in the BIB and in their mainstream classes, for integration opportunities.
- Be committed to developing your own professional development, along with the desire to improve the life chances of our children.
- Have vital experience of working with SEND and ASC children with a good awareness of supporting the teaching to achieve EHCP targets identified.
- Have the ability to work independently to successfully deliver identified intervention strategies that will aid the learning of the children being supported.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please visit our website for further information and an application form: www.boldmere.bham.sch.uk
Completed applications to be emailed to: email@example.com
Enquiries should be directed to Mr C. Glasgow (Executive Head Teacher).
The closing date for applications is midday on the 25/06/2021. Interviews will take place on Friday 2nd July 2021. The successful applicant will be offered the post on condition of suitable references and would preferably be able to start on the 02/09/2021, but we would also like the successful applicant to be available to come in to school as part of our planned transition arrangements at the end of this academic year.
Salary: Grade 3 - Scp 9 £20,903 - £27,041 pro rata (+ SEN allowance £1342 per annum for the BIB posts only)
Closing Date: 25 June 2021, 12.00pm