New Reception Classes Information and Welcome
Welcome to Reception!
Starting school update – 01/09/2020
Welcome to all our new Reception children, we are very excited to be meeting you all!
Following further guidance during the summer holidays, we would like to update you of a few key pieces of information regarding the return to school this week.
- Book bags - will be used to transport work, letters and reading books between school and home. Your child will receive a free book bag during their stay and play session.
- PE bags - will not be required in school. Children should wear their PE kit to school on the day when they have PE lessons. Your child’s class teacher will inform you of which day this is during the first few days at school.
- Medical forms – If your child has regular medication, such as an inhaler/epipen, you will be required to complete a Medical form for school records. This form can be collected from your child’s class teacher during the stay and play sessions. Please return the completed form, along with the medicine, to the class teacher by Monday 14th September, when children start their part-time week.
- School meals – Provision has been amended and we are now offering packed lunches for all children. Please complete the online survey with your lunch requests, even if you do not wish school to provide a lunch. A link to this survey can be found on the attached letter in the table below, “Re-opening in September”, sent July 15th 2020.
- Start and end times – Please familiarise yourselves with the staggered start/end times of the school day. Please also be reminded that school will be closed to all pupils every Friday afternoon. Further details are included in the attached letter in the table below “Re-opening in September”, sent July 15th 2020.
- Part-time week – school will be closed to all pupils on Friday 18th September, in line with our early closure procedures.
- Stay and Play sessions – Please bring your child to the main school entrance and accompany them to their new classroom. This session is designed for your child to familiarise themselves with the setting and for the staff to get to know your child. Please note that you will not be able to remain on the school premises during this session, it is for your child only. Please collect your child from the designated collection point at the appointed time.
Wednesday 9th September – Hedgehog stay & play sessions (9.30-11.30am OR 1.00-3.00 pm)
Thursday 10th September – Kangaroo stay & play sessions (9.30-11.30am OR 1.00-3.00 pm)
Friday 11th September – Turtle stay & play sessions (9.30-11.30am OR 1.00-3.00 pm)
Week beginning 14th September –part-time sessions (9.15-11.30am OR 1.00-3.15pm)
Week beginning 21st September – full time sessions – see staggered start/end times in the attached letter in the table below, “Re-opening in September”.
School Re-Opening Information - September 2020
We are really looking forward to meeting you all in September! To help you get ready for your new class, we have created this page with lots of information to help with starting school.
Miss B Cormell
Class Teacher and Year Lead
Mr C Meakin
Miss M Harris
Mrs C Lucas
Miss A Guerin
Mrs C Boustead
Mrs Kenny and Mrs Mason have a little message for you to watch before we see you in September!
Please watch the video below for a tour of your new classroom with your new teachers.
Reception Summer Checklist
We have created a summer checklist with some ideas you might want to do over the summer so that you are prepared for starting school in September.
Information for Parents
New Reception 2020-21
Additional Documents and Information